Imagine a cloud concierge:
- One that helps you define, deploy, and manage applications across a mix of data center and cloud environments.
- One that automatically applies your access control and security policies to those applications, no matter where they reside.
- And one that can measure both the price and performance of your cloud-based applications to help you make informed decisions about where they should be placed.
This is the promise of CliQr CloudCenter, which simplifies and automates application deployment and management across hybrid IT environments.
“Customers today have to manage a massive number of complex and different applications across many clouds,” says Rob Salvagno, vice president of corporate development at Cisco. “With CliQr, Cisco will be able to help our customers realize the promise of the cloud and easily manage the lifecycle of their applications in any hybrid cloud environment.”
“Cloud management software, like what CliQr sells, is a hot commodity among companies looking to save money by being more flexible about their data center operations than being locked into a single vendor,” wrote Jonathan Vanian of Fortune. “The startup’s technology is essentially a benchmarking service that can evaluate the pricing and features of cloud providers, and then figure out the cheapest way for a company’s software to run on those environments.”
But that’s only a portion of the functionality. The combination of CliQr and Cisco technologies will make it simpler for organizations to automate and manage application policies throughout the entire data center stack. It provides compelling capabilities for companies moving their first applications to the cloud, deploying self-service IT environments, or wanting to gain visibility and control across a vast portfolio of clouds, applications, and users.
- CliQr is already integrated with a number of Cisco data center switching and cloud solutions, including Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI™) and the Intel® Xeon® processor-based Cisco Unified Computing System™.
- Cisco will continue to integrate CliQr with its data center portfolio, and CliQr has out-of-the box support for all major public cloud environments.
Your cloud concierge is standing by.